Sunday, August 7, 2011

Top 10 Reasons You Know It's Back to School Time {Linky Party}

Tomorrow is the official first day back to work for teachers in my district even though I've already been working for almost two weeks in my classroom. So hard to believe the summer is over and it's time to set the alarm clock again.

Tunstall's Teaching Tidbits is hosting a linky party to list the top ten reasons that you know it's time to go back to school. When I saw this fun linky party, I had to join.


My Top Ten...
10. I've been putting off grad school work that I really should be doing to create my open house brochure among other things or scour out ideas on teaching blogs. {Ok, maybe that last part is nothing new.}

9. I can't go into Target or Walmart without wandering aimlessly through the school supply aisles. It also makes me downright giddy when I see fall items displayed in the stores.

8. I fall asleep thinking about school each night and keep having dreams about things going wrong on the first day.

7. Every single time I feel good about being able to check some items off my to-do list, I come up with at least three or four more things to add to it.

6. I've already purchased some Airborne to start building up my immune system.

5. My 4th grade team partner/good friend and I have been texting each other like crazy to talk about ideas for this year.

4. My purse is full of receipts for school related purchases. My bank account is less full thanks to this. {That whole not getting a paycheck this summer thing might also have a little something to do with it.}

3. I kid you not, it took me ten minutes to decide which color was just right for my students' daily folders when I was walking around in Office Depot the other day.

2. For days now, my husband has had to listen to me talk about how anxious I am to get my class list and related arts schedule {tomorrow!!} because so much of my to-do list is waiting on those two things.

1. I got my "back to school" haircut this week.

I have truly enjoyed summer, but I am super excited for the new school year too. Hop on over to join in on this linky party.

1 comment:

  1. fantastic list!!! I love that it took you 10 minutes to decide which color was right for your daily folders. A girl after my own heart!
    Reagan

    ReplyDelete