Thursday, August 11, 2011

Popping in to Say Thanks

I've been running at full speed this week trying to get ready for our first day of school on Monday. Tomorrow is our back to school night. When I saw this awesome open house idea by Jodi from her wonderful blog Fun in First Grade, it was calling my name! I already had this box of popcorn that I had bought at the end of last school year for my class. I ended up only using a couple of packs so I had just enough packs left for my new students. 

Jodi had posted this adorable printable so all I had to do was print them and cut them out. Then I taped them onto the bags of popcorn. So stinkin' cute. And oh so simple which was one of the absolute best parts after spending way too many hours at school this week and coming home worn out tonight. If you're like me and you're running out of time before open house, this would be a great little project to put together quickly. Head over to Fun in First Grade to print your own.
My printer was being weird and printed a mini popcorn machine on top of the bigger one in the bottom right corner on a few of them. I ended up not using those. I didn't realize I still had one in the bunch when I took this pic. I was just too tired to take a new pic after I changed it out. Ha!
Tomorrow is sure to be another long day. Fortunately, our new principal told us that since we are required to stay late for open house two hours that we get to come in two hours later tomorrow morning!!! Sleeping in pretty much sounds like the most amazing thing ever to me! Of course, we've had plenty of meetings and a math textbook training along with two new state evaluation process trainings this week. {I won't even go there on that last one. Ahh!} Our new principal seems very fair though and willing to listen. She has also shared some wonderful ideas of her own so I'm looking forward to good things. 

Ok, off to bed now so I can take advantage of those much needed extra two hours of sleep. Can't wait for my new kiddos to pop into my room tomorrow night so I can meet them and give them these goodies! Thanks so much for sharing this fabulous idea, Jodi! I love it! :)

6 comments:

  1. I love this idea! It's so simply and easy. Plus, my husband won't cringe when I say I need to go to Costco. Thank you so much for reposting this idea. I'm definitely using it!
    ~Amanda The Teaching Thief

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have got to do this project for Meet The Teacher Day!!! I think the families would love it! :) Do you put anything out for the students?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amanda - I love the part about your husband not cringing if you tell him you're going to Costco!

    Ashley - I usually just put some candy out for the students so it's nothing fancy. They seemed pretty content with Tootsie Pops though. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Never mind;as soon as I post, I figure it out! ;) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for sharing. I know I'm a WHOLE YEAR late in commenting, but just found on your Pinterest. This will be perfect for Open House tomorrow. :) Love your blog! I'm your newest follower !

    Kelly
    First Grade Fairytales

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do this for report card/ parent conference nights. I have a very low percentage of parents who do attend these nights. It's just a nice way to say 'thanks' for them coming in and meeting with me.

    Debbie
    heart2heartteaching.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete